Policy of the Integrated Management System
GEOtest, a.s. is a company with a long-lasting tradition and a significant position in the market of services in the areas of applied geology and environmental protection. Besides the classic fields of engineering geology, geotechnics, regional and municipal hydrogeology, it also provides engineering, consultative and laboratory services in the area of protection and remediation of water and rock environment, in elimination of old ecological loads and in waste management. Furthermore, it provides expert services, such as EIA assessments, ecological audits, risk assessments, consultative services in implementing management systems in enterprises of various branches, and other specialised services.
The management of the Company GEOtest, a.s. is aware that only the permanent satisfaction of the needs of customers by services at a high professional and expert level is the basis of success in the competition with rivals and the crucial factor for achieving the permanent prosperity of the Company. It considers the environmental protection not only as the essential part of its business activities, but also as a matter of its attitude to the basic general values. It wishes to manage all the activities of the Company in such a way as not to threaten health and safety of the employees of the Company or other persons.
These attitudes enable the management of the Company GEOtest, a.s. to set out the following policy of the IMS:
- The utter satisfaction of the requirements, needs and expectations of customers is deemed as the absolute priority that we wish to achieve by providing high-quality services. We will apply environmentally friendly methods and procedures, recommend these environmentally friendly procedures to our customers and demand them from our contractors. We will proceed especially from preventive approaches.
- Within our integrated management system, we consider as customers not only the consumers of our products, but generally every one who is affected by the results or consequences of processes running during the operation of the Company. The needs of such a defined customer are then specified especially by legal requirements for environmental protection and occupational health and safety, the observance of which is a commonplace for us. We will endeavour to mitigate possible negative impacts on the environment caused by the activities of ours or our customers even beyond the framework of these legal regulations.
- Therefore, we have developed an integrated management system consisting of a quality management, an occupational health and safety management and an environmental management. We are aware of the significance which this system has for the efficient and successful operation of our Company. We proceed from the principle of continuous improvement and undertake to maintain, develop and further improve our integrated management system and to provide necessary resources for it. We will make efforts that all parts of the Company be managed as efficiently and effectively as possible, even with regard to market demands.
- We will flexibly respond to any changes in the legislation, to new technical knowledge and progress, to any changes in the expectations and needs of our customers and in other requirements concerning the area of our activity and, in connection with it, apply new technologies and extend the range of our services.
- We wish to maintain our position in our market as of one of the most recognised companies in terms of expert knowledge.
- We also wish to continue with expanding activities of our Company abroad and building a good position in foreign markets. To achieve it, we will use both the instruments of our own marketing and business policy, and the opportunities offered by the involvement in the programmes of government aid to developing countries or countries afflicted by war conflicts, and/or in the projects supported by the European Union.
- In the area of OHS (Occupational Health and Safety), we will identify risks occurring in our company during all activities, evaluate their seriousness, and take measures for their elimination, thus also creating conditions for preventing accidents and occupational diseases. We commit ourselves to inform all of our employees as well as the other participants of our activities about risks arising out of the performance of such activities. Also, we will demand from our partners information about the risks arising out of their activities with the possibility of impact on our employees.
- We will provide necessary resources and build appropriate technical facilities to fulfil the declared policy with emphasising particularly the systematic growth of the staff qualification, which forms a significant factor affecting the quality of the provided services, and the staff motivation as an important resource of the Company's development.
- By applying the instruments of active internal and external communication, we will achieve the good knowledgeability of our employees, existing and potential business partners and other interested parties about the fulfilment of this policy, the new services, the activities of the Company and its plans.
This policy is binding for all employees of the Company. The employees have been acquainted with it and have undertaken to observe it. This policy is the guarantee for all customers, employees and the public that the entire activity of the Company aims at the observance of the principles of CSN EN ISO 9001, CSN EN ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 Standards for their benefit.
In Brno on 18 November 2010
On behalf of the management of the company GEOtest, a.s.
RNDr. Lubomir Prochazka, Managing Director