GEOtest, a.s. is one of the largest and most important Czech firms dealing with protection of the environment through geology and environmental remediation, as well as in geotechnical and hydrogeological research. The company has 40 years of experience in these fields and an established, experienced team of expert, many with practical international experience.
Domestic and international trademarks protect the name GEOtest and its logo.
In 1992 the company was re-organized from a state-owned enterprise of the same name into a private company.
Besides the main headquarters in Brno, which houses 90 percent of our resources, the company also has offices in Praha, Ostrava and Ceske Budejovice. Under the name of GEOtest Bratislava s.r.o. is well established our subsidiary in Slovak Republic.
GEOtest's expert activities may be divided into 6 main branches, each headed by its section manager:
- Water and rock protection research
- Remediational activities for environment protection
- Waste management
- Geotechnics and engineering geology
- Expert reports, studies, expert opinions (E.I.A., environmental audits, risk assessments, EMS - Environmental Management System)
In each of these branches GEOtest, a.s. fulfils client's requests for either a start-to-finish sequential project or for only one separate stage in the process. A sequential project generally has 3 levels:
- The level of studies, experts reports, documentation, opinions, consultations, literature searches, supervision, map documentation etc.
- The level of exploratory work: complex research including some technical work. Possible courses of action are identified, each with accompanying implementation options.
- The level of implementation: construction work, remediation, decontamination, geological engineering, geotechnical and on-site supervision, sampling and groundwater regime testing.
GEOtest, a.s. is listed as an institution qualified for expert activity in following fields: Geology, Nature Conservation, Exploitation and Water Management.